Skip to main content

Through the Doors of The Dooars : Take FOUR!



DAY 4 : "JOURNEY THROUGH THE SOMBER SILENCE"

As the trip continued with all its perks throughout the forests of Dooars, we decided upon taking a short trek to the Buxa Fort. 
This was probably one of the times there that I would like to remember from time to time. It was about 5 km up and down the hilly roads that took us to the fort. There was no such extravagant experience that followed, but rather the silent, cool extravaganza that the diverse range of woods provided made everything worthwhile.




As we ascended through the rocky path of the mountains, the belt of deciduous foliage welcomed us. We were surrounded by old, great trees standing in utter silence with decades of secrets within the long, thick trunks.  







The thought of how always the forests have accepted us no matter who we are, where we come from, the woods welcoming the humans with those droopy branches has amused me for a long time. But it will be hard to expect the same behavior every time from the opposite side too. However, the trees never fail to give chances, to raise the branches and offering a caring handshake.



The balance between the nature and its raw surroundings will always be something that I'll be coming back to every time because it is always worth it; coming back to the roots, from where the journey began will always be worth it. 
And as the storytellers from the start of eternity will be making peace with the silent winds, I'll be resting my head in Mother Nature's lap and wondering off to a magnificent somber land of foliage.



Dooars clicks.
CANON 1100D
02.21.2020

Popular posts from this blog

Curious Cat in A Bakery

"The Kulcha Bakery" Once, I came across this little, local bakery in the Kargil city of Ladakh region in Kashmir. I was taking a stroll down the street by the apartment we were staying at the moment after a scrumptious breakfast of roti, sabzi,  and omelet at a busy local store. That is when I saw someone putting up some freshly baked goods in the glass cabinet of a store. I was curious since it was a very small, shady door leading to the dim-lit shop. Nonetheless, I walked right in and what I saw left me amazed. I was kind of flabbergasted by the sight of these beautiful preparations of local bread. I asked the man who was preparing the clay oven which very much resembled a traditional tandoori oven regarding the ready-to-go doughs and came to know them as ' kulcha' . They looked absolutely delicious with sesame seeds sprinkled on top of them. As I was trying to click pictures of these goodies, the man carried on with the preparations. He didn't talk much and con...

Through The Rain

"AND THEN RAIN CAME IN" It is the month of June already as we are continued to be in quarantine. In this part of the world, it's monsoon now and so comes splashing every now and then, The Rain.  I don't really know but this very season is a bit closer to me than the others of the cycle. There's no particular reason I could think of except for the fact that the day I was born, it rained heavily as they say. So maybe it's that or maybe something else but when the rain comes and with it the strange feeling of something that I cannot really express, I suppose, the cold but gentle touch of nature along with the smell of the sky and as it pours down on the city all over and just cleanses her down is what I really look forward to every time.  As I write this, it's again a cloudy sky outside now and that's the best part of this time. These are some clicks I took a few days back after quite a drizzle took place. The raindrops fell on the cobweb of my window and...

The Only Certain

  "RENDEZVOUS OF DEATH" Disclaimer: This post has not been tried to make any offence. Please do not feel so.  All our lives, we keep running to meet the deadlines of time, only to find ourselves the late runner. By the luck of chance, even if we come across certain 'correct' timings, we fall in the dungeon of the 'wrongs' in the next. And finally, going down the sweet and salty path when we reach the finish-line, we are already "too late". Death arrives. But is death early? Or even late?!  I suppose death comes only at the most certain moment. You can argue about accidents or even self-infliction, but only if we have known all the equations of the entire universe and still be alive to talk about them, then I hope the argument would not suffice. The only and most probable truth ( proven ) lies in death. The infinite flow of the nature chooses to be shrouded in mysteries but has left something for us. It has shared a trick with us. Too certain a trick!...